Çarşamba, Temmuz 25, 2007

PS3 & Linux (Fedora 7 installation)

Normally I don't write in English, but this post will be a manual.

My configuration;
PS3 ntsc version (bought from amazon)
46x2000 Full HD
usb mouse & keyboard

First of all you need to download

1. otheros
2. Fedora 7 ppc

Now we are ready to start installation.


1. extract otheros file to a device such as usb memory stick, sd card etc.
2. burn fedora image to a dvd
3. System Settings-Install Another OS
4. Boot to Other OS
5. Wait to see boot selection
(leave your mouse on 32bit otherwise it will boot to 64bit before you can do the following)
6. press Ctrl-Alt-F1 for TTY
7. type
cd /var/tmp/mnt-scd0*/ppc/ppc64
press enter
8. type
/sbin/kexec -f --initrd=ramdisk.image.gz --command-line="video=1080p" vmlinuz
press enter
(or video=720p this choise is related to your TV configuration)
9. rest is normal linux installation

I am going to edit this post about this topic

Problems
I have black borders when I use 1080p and resolution is lower then 1920x1080 60hz

tonight i will have an update I hope system will become more stable

Hiç yorum yok: